1. International Nissen Symposium
Clarunis University Center for Gastrointestinal and Liver Deseases is proud to announce the first international Nissen symposium addressing hot topics and controversies in the management of upper GI disorders. The Nissen Symposium is named after Rudolph Nissen (1896 – 1981), head of the department of surgery at the University of Basel from 1952 to 1967, who made seminal contributions to surgery.
Feb 12th-13th 2021
Please save the date for the first international Nissen symposium.
Upper GI tract – controversal issues
- esophageal and gastric cancer – which oncologic, endoscopic and surgical approach?
- reflux – which kind of medication, duration
- risks during longterm therapy
- reflux – only in cases of hernia, endoscopic approaches, surgery alone?, interventional concepts
- Barrett – the procedure 2020
- bariatric / metabolic surgery – consequences and reflux
- worst cases and recurrent cases
Clarunis University Center for Gastrointestinal and Liver Deseases